Town of Chesterton municipal employees will receive no raises in 2014.
At its meeting Monday night, the Town Council voted 5-0 to approve that
ordinance on first reading, 5-0 to suspend the rules, then 5-0 to approve
that ordinance on final reading.
The 2014 Salary Ordinance is, practically speaking, identical to the 2013
ordinance. The salaries and stipends of elected and appointed officials
* Clerk-Treasurer: $51,945.
* Town Manager: $73,000.
* Police Chief: $60,250.
* Fire Chief: $54,863.
* Street Commissioner: $50,527. The Street Commissioner will also earn
$17,167 as MS4 Commissioner.
* Park Superintendent: $45,900.
* Attorney: an hourly rate of $150 for all counsel above and beyond the
retainer of $12,657. The Utility will also pay the Town Attorney a retainer
* Town Council Member: $4,835.
* Plan Commission Member: $1,320 plus $50 per special meeting when requested
by a petitioner.
* Board of Zoning Appeals Member: $1,320 plus $50 per special meeting when
requested by a petitioner.
* Park Board Member: $500.
* Utility Service Board Member: $3,033.
* MS4 Superintendent: $64,806. The MS4 Superintendent will also earn $5,202
as Town Engineer, $10,984 as Economic Development Engineer, and $16,878 as
Utility Engineer, for a total of $98,870.
* MS4 Operator I: $22.01.