Chesterton Tribune



Apply for County commission and board seats by December 15

Back To Front Page


The Porter County Council would like to announce that the following boards have open positions for 2019:

* Porter County Redevelopment Commission

* Alcoholic Beverage Commission

* Porter County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA)

* Chesterton Economic Development Commission

* Portage Economic Development Commission

* Valparaiso Economic Development Commission

Individuals interested in being considered for a board position may visit the Porter County Council office, suite 207 of the Porter County Administration Center, 155 Indiana Avenue, Valparaiso, to obtain an application. Applications can also be generated at the Porter County website at under the County Council tab.

The public should be aware that certain requirements, such as residency, and/or certain political party affiliation, must be met in order to qualify for a particular appointment. If you donít meet the requirements, you cannot be considered for the position. The applications must be received no later than noon on Dec. 15, and the final decision will be made at a public meeting in January 2019.


Posted 12/3/2018





Search This Site:

Custom Search