The Porter County
Sheriff’s Police is investigating the deaths of two Union Township residents
as possible overdoses.
police, at 8:47 a.m. Monday a 22-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man were
found deceased in the guest house on a property in the 500 north block of
County Line Road. They were last seen alive by the owner of the guest house
at 4 p.m. Saturday.
The woman was found
lying face down on a couch, the man in a fetal position in the bathroom,
police said. Signs of livor mortis and rigor mortis were present.
Recovered from the
guest house were four grams of marijuana, a grinder, and a smoking device.
Also found were several prescription medications, police said: levetiracetam,
diclofenac postassium, and duloxetine.
There was no trauma
to the bodies, “no additional indicators in cause of death could be
located,” and the investigating officer stated in his report that the two
“appeared to have died from overdosing an unknown substance.”
Harris told the Chesterton Tribune today that autopsies conducted on
the two were “inconclusive” but that results from a toxicology screen should
be available in five to six weeks.