Chesterton Tribune

 

 

CFD: Cause of garage fire may have been fireworks

Back To Front Page

 

No one was hurt last night in a structure fire in the 2500 block of Pinehurst Avenue, Chesterton Fire Department Lieutenant Brent Valpatik told the Chesterton Tribune.

According to Valpatik, the Burns Harbor Fire Department got to the scene first and assisted throughout. CFD arrived at 9:44 p.m. “We had heavy fire and smoke in the garage,” Valpatik said. “The fire was contained in the garage.”

Valpatik reported CFD cleared the scene at 12:30 a.m. with the suspicion that fireworks were the cause. No injuries were reported, and CFD used 3,000 gallons of water to extinguish the fire.

 

 

Posted 7/6/2018

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search