Chesterton Tribune

 

 

Firework blamed for damage to house

Back To Front Page

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (AP) - An errant firework shot is being blamed for causing a fire that damaged a suburban Indianapolis home.

Officials in Noblesville say the firework broke through a first-floor window and caught a couch on fire late Thursday.

Fire officials say a resident of the subdivision was shooting fireworks into the air when one tipped and shot across the street into the house.

No one was inside the house at the time and no injuries were reported. Damage to the house was estimated at $6,000.

 

Posted 7/5/2013