* Meet the Animals and Family Hike -- Families are invited to stop by
Sunset Hill Farm and meet the farm animals and their caretakers on
Wednesday, Sept. 4, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Stay for a short hike around the
park with a naturalist. This is a free program.
* Senior Program and Hike sponsored by Porter Regional Hospital --
Learn about the history of Sunset Hill, the effects of the glaciers on
Sunset Hill, as well as the effects of Colonel Murray’s desire to create
woodlands. This free program will take place at Sunset Hill Farm from 3 to 4
p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 4.
* Four Week Meditation Program -- Join a group for four consecutive
Fridays at Brincka Cross Gardens to learn the ins and out of meditation,
which will focus on both the mind and body. The program starts on Friday,
Sept. 6, and continues each Friday until Sept. 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The
cost is $15 per session or $45 for the series.
* Freezing Foods -- For free, learn about the step by step
instructions for freezing food. The class will meet on Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.
and 6 p.m. at Sunset Hill Farm.
* Friday Family Campout -- On Friday, Sept. 13, grab your tent, some
hot dogs and marshmallows and join other families for this affordable fun
night of camping at Sunset Hill Farm County Park. Cost is $15 per family.
Set up is 5-7 p.m. with programing beginning at 6 p.m. Camping is
* Sand Painting at Brincka Cross Gardens -- Learn from an instructor
about the art of layering colored sand to create pictures and designs at
Brincka Cross Gardens on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The
class will create a temporary work together and create individual pieces.
Cost is $20.